Wednesday, May 23, 2012

DAY 1 - Wednesday May 23 ARRIVAL IN NAIROBI (happy birthday Ben!!)

Hey All, Just arrived in Nairobi. Whew! Long haul. My old sorry ass is dragging tonight. Anyway, flights were good without a hitch. Although, my luggage didn't make it. The airport promised they have it tomorrow morning. I hope so because Father Muvea is picking me up at 8am tomorrow to drive to Kitui and Muthale Hospital. I'm really jazzed about this leg because I get to reunite with Fr Patrick, Fr Eluid and Bishop Muheria. I just love those guys. What they see in this non-Catholic heathin is beyond me! My goal on this leg of the trip is to try and figure out how to get the digital X-ray machine hooked up. Heck, a $300k piece of equipment. We gotta make it work! Lots of issues. Room build out with lead walls, support for 1800lbs, the appropriate power supply AND locating a skilled technician to fire it up. Easy Peazy! Enough for now. I promise to have photos/videos for next time. Kwaheri

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear Steve! Keep us posted. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it safe! Wishing you the best of luck with the X-ray machine (and your luggage)!

    ReplyDelete