Wednesday, May 30, 2012

DAY 5 - Sunday May 27 LOGORIAN SUB-DISTRICT HOSPITAL

My gosh they have good coffee here!  And the fresh mango and eggs.  Whew!  I could get used to this.  Oh yes, I can't forget to mention Tusker beer.  I'm good.

So today I return to Masai land, where I spent so much time during previous trips working on the Church of God medical clinics and the Oasis orphanage, that I feel so in love with.  Bunch of memories and emotions are percolating.

My good friend, Steve Ndungu, is going to drive me to Kilgoris. 25,000 shs for 3 days driving (about $297 US)  The roads are substantially improved and flying there turned out to not be an option anyway.  It was good to spend 4 hours with Steve talking about family, Kenya and such.

We arrived in Kilgoris around 5ish and went directly to the Sister's Convent, where they have guest houses I stay at.  Waiting for us at the gate was Dr. Robert Mutula, who I got to know previously and become good friends.  Robert is an excellent doctor and a man of impeccable integrity, not always easy to find over here.  He is the man who convinced me to finance a container to his hospital in Logorian.  A  government "Sub-district" hospital with about 25 beds.  Too small to receive an entire container, so we shared the load with Muthale.  Much thanks to Bishop for helping with logistics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment