Monday, June 4, 2012

DAY 14 - Tuesday June 5 - MY LAST DAY

I have two appointments today and then fly out tonight at 10:30pm.  I did have an absolutely wonderful evening last night with my good friend Steve Ndungu and his family.

Massive Muscle Joe, Steve Ndungu and wife, Mary, little Daisy and Marcy Ndungu, their sister in law

We had a wonderful dinner at a local amusement park.  Visited for several hours.  While Steve and the kids were off doing the ride thing, I spent some time to get to know Mercy a little.  She's 21 years old and without any real plan (or hope).  She's been unable to get a job and, because of lack of finances, is unable to consider college.  She lives with her Mom.  Her Dad has passed away.  So, I couldn't help myself again.  Just had to have the BIG talk.  I asked her what her dream was.  I was actually surprised she was so clear about it.  She told me right out.  Not the typical "I don't know grunt grunt" conversation I've had with my kids.  She wants to study IT.  She tells me that a 2 year IT college program will cost about 250,000 shillings ($3,000 USD).  Take a wild guess who's going to be her sponsor.  Whatever happened to "Just Say No".  Geeze.  ;-)

Massive Muscle Joe

Adorable Daisy
Anyway, I meet with my dear friend Agnes Musyoka, the nurse from Kilgoris, this morning.  Kind of a follow up to my visit there a week ago.

Lastly, Bishop is popping into town and we plan to have a late lunch together.  I gotta find out if he liked my gift, the 17 year old single malt scotch.  Because of my lost luggage, I was unable to present it to him personally.  It will be nice to end my trip with one last conversation with the Bishop.  



No comments:

Post a Comment