Monday, June 4, 2012

DAY 12 - Sunday, June 3 - TRAVEL DAY

Guess what.  Trains, planes and automobiles again today.  Hope to arrive back in Nairobi around 5ish.  I'm looking forward to a little down time.  This leg of the trip was particularly tiring for some reason.

I did have a special treat for breakfast this morning.  Lime marmalade.  Interesting yet good.  I also had an awesome dish at the Kisumu airport waiting for my flight.  Minced "meat" on rice with, of course, a Tusker.  Ahhh.

I did end up with a case of Montezuma's revenge while I was here.  I thought that only occurred in Mexico, right??  Thankfully, I bring Cipro with me which really nukes the problem.  Key because traveling with a bout of diarrhea here can be REALLY humbling!  Whew.  Especially when you never know where the nearest "cho" is (restroom in Swahili).  Opps. TMI.  Sorry.

Goal is to get caught up on blog stuff and Tuskers tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment